Isola Maggiore – Lake Trasimeno, Umbria
This year’s Autumn retreat on the island takes place from September 15th – 22nd
The price of £720 includes:
- 7 nights half board at the island’s only hotel (Da Sauro) including wine with dinner (double en suite room, with single occupancy)
- 4 morning workshops with cappuccino & delicious pastries
- 2 one-to-one feedback sessions
- An ‘aperitivo time’ on the terrace
- Entry to the Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo, the Captain’s House and the Lace Museum
- Boat trip round the island
All workshops are optional, leaving you free to do as much or as little as you please, so that, if you prefer, you can make up your week as you go along.
Wednesday is kept as a completely free day, for those wanting to explore the surrounding mainland … or simply stay on the island and relax by the lake.
Places are limited to just eight.
Palazzo Bacile di Castiglione – Puglia
New for 2018!
The wonderfully secluded Palazzo Bacile di Castiglione sits right down in the ‘heel’ of Italy, in a little town called Spongano, just six kilometres from the Adriatic ocean.
As with the Umbrian retreats, all the workshops are completely optional, so that you can make the week as flexible as you wish.
Your accommodation is in one of five self-contained traditional stone cottages at the edge of the little wood, all with spacious ensuite bedrooms, close by the palazzo’s swimming pool.
Your cottage’s well-equipped kitchen, stocked with delicious local produce, leaves you free to begin the day at your own leisurely pace. Each cottage has its own small terrace, with table and chairs, and of course the pool is right there, for that early swim.
The week begins with a Sunday afternoon visit to a local ‘agriturismo’, including leisurely lunch.
Beginning on Monday, there are four workshops, all in the mornings, followed by delicious buffet lunch, giving you the rest of the day to read, write, amble, or simply soak up the sun by the pool. Wednesday is kept completely free, for those wanting to explore further afield to a local market, a coastal bay, or the wonderfully baroque town of Lecce.
The price of £1,220 includes:
- ensuite accommodation in one of the delightful cottages around the pool
- dinner each evening, with wine
- buffet lunch on each of the workshop days
- four writing workshops (Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri)
- two 1:1 sessions to talk about your writing
- airport transfers from Brindisi (dependent on numbers – conditions apply)