Isola Maggiore – Lake Trasimeno, Umbria
Umbria remains the Italian region least affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, for the safety of all concerned, we have taken the very sad decision to cancel this year’s retreat. The number of cases in the region has always been significantly lower than elsewhere in Italy, but the situation in the UK (where our tutor is based) remains unstable and we would not want to risk potentially introducing the virus to the island’s little community.
Meanwhile, planning for next autumn’s retreat is already going ahead – details are below – so if you have any questions or would like to be one of the first to hear the dates for 2021, please just get in touch.
Autumn Retreat 2021
The retreat includes:
- Seven nights accommodation in an en suite room at Da Sauro with single occupancy
- Breakfast and Dinner, including wine each evening
- Four morning workshops with coffee & delicious pastries
- One-to-one feedback sessions with Glynis
- Two ‘aperitivo time’ get togethers on the lake-view terrace
- Entry for the week to the Church of San Michele Arcangelo, the Captain’s House and the Lace Museum
- Boat trip around the island
All workshops are optional, leaving you free to do as much or as little as you please. If you prefer, you can make up your week as you go along.
Wednesday is kept as a completely free day, for those wanting to explore the surrounding mainland … or simply stay on the island and relax by the lake.
Places are limited to just seven.
To find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Travel to the island is not included
“I had such a phenomenal time … it far, far exceeded my expectations. I found a whole new avenue for creative exploration.” – Mike, 2019
“It all comes together in this fabulous writing retreat … I found a way into a book I had been trying to start for a very long time.” – Kitty, 2018 & 2019
“It was great to be away from the madding crowds and traffic and live life at a different pace.” – Angela, 2016