The next Writing Retreat will be in September 2017 … if you’ve signed up for the newsletter, you’ll be first to hear the dates!
The price of £850 includes:
- Seven nights’ half board at the island’s small hotel, Da Sauro
- Double en suite room with single occupancy
- Four half-day workshops, with writing materials provided
- Wine with dinner and refreshments during writing workshops
- Two one-to-one feedback sessions
- Visits on the island with local guide to: La Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo, the Lace Museum and the Museo di Populo.
- Two ‘aperitivo’ time conversational Italian sessions
- All activities are optional (but at no extra cost), leaving you free to do as much or as little as you like. There are also bikes for hire, at €8 per half day.
Want more info? Glynis
How to get to Isola Maggiore:
Making your way to Isola Maggiore is not difficult and travelling is a great source of inspiration!
Although there are many options for getting to the island, here are a few of the best:
Manchester to Pisa by jet2.com, train into Pisa Centrale, train to Passignano sul Lago, changing at Firenze (Florence). On my return, I took the ferry to Castiglione and picked up the express to Rome for an overnight stay before flying back to Manchester.
Stansted to Perugia by Ryanair, airport bus into Perugia station, then train to Passignano. Returning, I did the journey in reverse, but took in a night in Perugia on the way – well worth seeing.
The even more scenic route … with no planes involved. Eurostar to Paris, TGV high speed train to Zurich. Overnight in Zurich and a day to explore. Early morning train from Zurich to Chur to pick up the wonderful narrow gauge Bernina Express over Alpine gradients and down into Torino, then Italian train on to Milan. Overnight in Milan, and on to Passignano. I returned by the fast route – two hour train from Castiglione to Rome, the Leonardo Express to Fiumicino international airport, then a flight to Leeds Bradford.
If you would like guidance on possible travel options please email Glynis